Friday, October 16, 2015

Enough

I have been judged by many because my son took his life by suicide.  People question my parental skills for my child to do such a thing.  People question my faith because I don’t attend church every single Sunday. 

Well here is what I know…. I loved my son with all my heart and never gave up on him and supported him through every trial.  I never judged him, I just loved him and tried to support and help him whenever I could.  I did everything I knew and everything I could to help him.  My son did not develop a mental illness because I lacked as a parent.  It was something I had no control over. 

Every day I pray and give my life to Jesus, I don’t have to be in a church building to do that.  Every day I try to live like Jesus and love others the way Jesus did and I don’t have to be in a church building to do that.  Why do we spend so much time judging and trying to make people fit into the box we think they should fit in?  Why do we not trust that God has each of where we are for His purpose and reasons?  Why do we think everyone has to fit a certain mold to be right for the job?  What gives us the right to judge and criticize anyone?  God made us and we are ENOUGH! 

We are made to feel by so many factors around us that we are not enough.  This is where FEAR comes in. I fear not being skinny enough...pretty enough...smart enough...my blog is not good enough. Fear is a liar! I am enough. God has made me exactly how I am and put me exactly where I need to be. And with that being said, I am enough. This is how God made me...Therefore I am ENOUGH. My fears are lying to me.  Not only are they lying to me, they are stealing my joy. That's not what I want, and that is most certainly not what God intended for any of us. God doesn't want my joy or your joy to be stolen. God doesn’t want us to feel in adequate or subpar, He wants us to shine bright and live extraordinary lives. 

I have a big heart and a beautiful mind. I am me, a perfectly flawed work in progress. I try to always love others for where they are at and who they are and not for what I expect them to be.  When we try to force someone to become more like us, we rob them from being exactly who they were created to be.  I'm on a mission to raise the standards for how we treat each other, how we treat ourselves, and how we treat the world. There is way too much pain, hurt, judgment, and criticism in the world today and it costing us lives.  Every time we look in the mirror we need to remind ourselves that we are not alone, that we’re beautiful, that our voice matters, and that we are enough. We also need to start realizing that about those we come in contact with too!

No comments:

Post a Comment